Jersey Tourism recognise the importance of providing a website that is inclusive and available for all user groups.
Jersey Tourism recognise the importance of providing a website that is inclusive and available for all user groups. This page explains:
- our approach to making this website accessible, including what we have done and will do in the future
- the facilities that we have provided for different disability groups
- guidance on how to use particular features
- what to do if you have any questions or feedback for us.
We believe the web pages on the site are, as a minimum, in line with all of the priority level 1 criteria of World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and we are constantly working towards level 2 or higher.
Select the following links to access specific details for:
Partially sighted users – changing the font size
Changing the style sheet
Questions and feedback
We have provided the facility to change the font size of the text used on our web pages. If you are using Internet Explorer, select “View” from the menu bar, then “Text Size” and select from “Smallest” to “Largest”. In Firefox, select “View” from the menu bar, then “Text Size” and select from “Increase” to “Decrease”.
We have checked the site font and background colour combinations for the different colour-blindness conditions and ensured that items are not referenced by colour alone. Should you wish to change the colour of text and background by introducing your own style sheet, please follow the instructions in changing the style sheet.
The web pages on the site have been tested for use in keyboard-only operation. When using the forms or controls for the tools, the keys to use are as follows:
- to select from dropdown boxes, use up and down arrow keys
- select/unselect a check box, use the space bar
- move forward between links, use the tab key;
- move back between links, use the Shift + tab keys
- initiate an action button, use the Enter key when the action button is selected.
Users may import their own style sheet into the website. In Internet Explorer, select "Tools", then "Internet Options" and then "Accessibility" (under the "General" tab). Next click on any or all of three checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window, you can change the style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says “Format documents using my style sheet”, then simply browse to your preferred style sheet and click OK. In Firefox, you can change your font and colour settings by selecting “Tools” from the menu bar, then “Options”, then "Content", and select from “Fonts & Colours”.
Please send us an email: email@example.com